The best Premier League kit of 2019-20 – preliminary round
- Thanks to Gav Hope from the Kit Geek blog and Jay from Design Football for their advice and assistance
Things you didn’t know you needed in your life – the chance to pick the best kit of the current Premier League season.
- All 94 kit combinations used so far are in the mix – for example, Southampton’s default third kit hasn’t appeared yet but the shirt and shorts were worn with the home socks, so that version is included.
Similarly, Aston Villa have worn claret shorts and socks with their home shirt in the Carabao Cup but not in the league so they don’t feature, neither does Chelsea’s special FA Cup kit.
- Each combination was numbered between 1 and 94, in alphabetical order – Arsenal home is 1, Arsenal home with red shorts is 2, Arsenal away is 3 and Arsenal third is 4, Aston Villa home is 5 and so on.
A random-number generator was used to draw the 94, as shown below – the first 34 advance to the first round proper, with the remaining 60 split into 30 pairs for the preliminary round.
This is merely an administrative aid and don’t feel that there is a bias against your favoured kit just because it features in the preliminary round – unlike real football, a bad kit won’t knock out a good kit just because it has a lucky day.
Edit: The day after the poll began, Aston Villa used their claret shorts with home shirt at Leicester, so we’ve added an extra tie to the preliminary round – Villa against the last kit to have initially been given a bye, Brighton & Hove Albion’s home with blue socks
- The draw is fully open – there was no prohibition on two kits from the one club being drawn against each other (see the Bournemouth clash below, numbers 10 and 9 respectively) and kit-clashes don’t come into consideration.
- There is no bracket, each subsequent round will have an open draw too.
- Each user can only vote once in each fixture and the poll closes at 12 noon GMT on Tuesday.