Premier League Kit-tracker 2020-21 – Gameweek 8
- Just the one new outfield strip this weekend, that being West Bromwich Albion’s red and yellow third kit
- While we thought that Manchester United’s black alternative socks were due to a Uefa rule, they have in fact appeared in three of their four home games, with their opening game against Crystal Palace the exception
- The only ‘new’ goalkeeper kit was Chelsea’s orange one, worn by Edouard Mendy, but Kepa Arrizabalaga had worn it towards the end of last season
- All 20 sides and match officials wore poppies on their shirts
- The only game where the officials didn’t wear black was Newcastle United v Everton
And as usual, we have Matt Smith‘s rating of the away teams’ kit choices and updated Away Kits Table: Crystal Palace 3, Manchester City 3, Chelsea 3, West Ham 3, Southampton 1, Everton 3, Arsenal 3, Brighton 3, West Brom 3, Leicester 3.
Only deductions this week are for Southampton, who seemed averse to mixing and matching their strips for some reason. Credit to those who have previously offended and decided that their home strips would be fine. Not that it did Everton much good.